Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sunny Ginger Lemonade


Strawberry Ginger Lemonade

Spring break is upon us, which means I have spent the last few days basking in the sun and drinking cold, fruity drinks. Spring break was much needed for me this year. With school and the amount I am working, I was in need of some Arizona sun and time to relax. Arizona is one of my favorite places to go. There's great food everywhere, countless mountains for hiking, and it's the perfect temperature this time of year. 

With the amount of time I spend (sweating) in the sun, I end up drinking so much liquid. The majority is water, but this drink is a fun way to mix it up in the middle of the day. It's quick to make, and so refreshing. The ginger gives it a little kick and also gives it a little effervescence. I used strawberries because that's what we had on hand, but the original recipe used soaked goji berries, which I can only imagine would be amazing. Feel free to use agave or honey, depending on your taste and dietary (vegan) preference.

Strawberry Ginger Lemonade

Strawberry Ginger Lemonade

Serves 2

Ingredients:

Juice from 1 large lemon
3 cups water
5 strawberries
1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger
Agave/honey to taste

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until liquefied
2. Fill two large glasses 2/3 full with ice and pour drink to fill cup
3. Enjoy!